At first I wasn't really impressed with this game because of the camera angle. It is a sky view not like the others I have played before. But I quickly adjusted to it minutes into playing and found this game to be like the others, very fun. But what makes this game really cool I thought, was that you can hustle drugs. If you have ever played the text based game "Dope Wars", its just like that. You can purchase 1 drug from one side of the city and sell it at another for more money. Classic grand theft missions and gameplay with the addition of hustling. The graphics are pretty good on the psp and the music is really good as well. The only thing I disliked about the music was that all the music stations play video game music it seems and not real songs like the other GTA's.
8 / 10 Classic Grand Theft Auto + Dope Wars
Dungeon Maker 2: The Hidden War
Never even heard of dungeon maker before, but I saw the case and looked at the back and decided to test it out. I like this game. It's a role playing game as you may have guessed, with dungeons. If you dont like crawling dungeons, do not get this game.
I find it fun, you do crawl dungeons 95% of the time you play, but what makes it fun is the way you run the dungeons. You create the dungeons as you play, how you want them to be. You go from town to dungeon, town to dungeon. It is limited in that you only do that, but there is a lot more to it than just that. Town is where you get your items and storyline. One of the items that you get from town are dungeon pieces. You then head into the dungeon which starts out floor 1 with just 1 area. You take the dungeon pieces and actually put together your dungeon as you play. You can run your dungeon 1 time, then you go back to town and have to sleep before you can run it again, and the enemies return for you to kill. You get missions here and there, follow a brief storyline and eventually purchase or someone will give you the boss piece of the dungeon. You create the boss room and once you beat the boss. You get a set of stairs to go down into another level of the dungeon. You also get a companion a little bit into the game that levels up with you and gets stronger along with new skills and magic.
The graphics and sound are ok, ive seen much better, but the gameplay and game itself make up for the lack in graphics.
7 / 10 Solid gameplay, addicting.
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
If you have ever played Champions of Norrath, this is basically the same game. It has the same set up for everything, menus, leveling, skills, gameplay etc.
You choose 1 from 4 different classes of characters at the beginning and then play the adventure with that character, leveling their unique skills and equipping their class unique weapons and armor. You have 4 basic attributes to improve upon, strength, intelligence, dexterity and stamina. Each item has its own weight and you are only allowed to carry as much weight in your inventory as your strength attribute allows.
The fighting is action style rpg, you can move freely and attack however you want. The coolest and best part of these games, is the leveling and getting new skills. Your character that you chose at the beginning has a skill tree with many different skills such as Block, which enables you a higher chance of blocking an attack. This ranges from block all the way to magic skills like fireballs and posions. Each level you get points that you can invest in your skill tree and make your character stronger in however which way you like. Leveling the skills and the fighting is what makes this game so much fun. It has a high replay value because there are 4 different classes and each is like playing a whole different game. The graphics are good, the sound is fair.
8 / 10 Raising your strengths and skills is very fun in this game.
Patapon 2
I skipped patapon 1, but I played the demo of patapon 2 and bought the whole game. It is fun. You control an army of the little black alien looking creatures that love music. You take them through different levels by playing drums. You have to hit certain button formations at the same time as the games music beat in this game. Different formations command your patapon to do different things such as march forward and attack.
I really like that you can level each individual patapon and equip each of them with their own weapons and armors etc. It is a very bizzare game, but its fresh, something I've never seen before and I find it fun. You start out a level and the beat starts playing, you hit the buttons with the beat and the patapon sing and cheer for you as they do what you tell them to do. The graphics are fitting for the game, they aren't at all detailed and actually are very basic. But they fit the game perfect and I wouldn't want them any other way. The sound is very good, but only if your hitting the buttons with the drum beat, otherwise its just a repeating cymbal like sound that gets annoying. But thats only if you set the game down to do something like get a drink.
8 / 10 Very addicting and unique game, very good price for the quality that you get
I was really happy with the 4 games I chose to play this time around. If you haven't played any of these yet, I strongly recommend that you do. All very good games.
No comments:
Post a Comment