Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to lose weight

3500 calories = 1 Pound

In order to lose weight, you must burn 3500 calories off of your daily calorie needs to lose each pound.

How do I lose the weight?
Ok, think about your personal level of activity. How active each day are you? Not active, active, or very active?
NEXT

Take your weight x these numbers for the different levels of activity:

  • 13 - not active
  • 15 - active
  • 17 - very active

Example: 170 is my weight x 13 because I am not active :) = 2210 calories

So my calorie needs for each day would be 2210 calories

Keep track and lose the weight

In order to lose the weight 1 pound at a time, you need to be taking in less than what your body needs each day.

Keep track of your calories and set yourself a daily calorie limit.

Example: I know now that I burn about 2210 calories each day. So if I set a limit for myself of 1710 calories each day, that is 500 calories each day that I am losing.


A good book to help with your goal:
The End of Overeating: Taking Control of the Insatiable American Appetite


Remember, 3500 calories = 1 pound. So if Im losing 500 calories a day, I would be losing 1 pound every 7 days.

I know this seems like forever to lose just 1 single pound, but remember, I'm not active, so it's my own fault im losing so slowly :)

If I were even just ACTIVE, my calorie needs would be higher (170 x 15 = 2550 calories)

So at that if I consumed 1710 calories each day and burned 2550, I would be losing 840 calories each day. I would now be losing a pound about every 4 days which is much better :)




Conclusion
Losing weight can be easy if you stick to your daily calorie limit. Eat whatever you want, but dont go past your daily calorie needs because remember, every 3500 calories = 1 pound. It's even easier to go over your daily calorie needs and quickly add 3500 calories instead of losing them. Stick to it and best of luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment